OwlSwaps (Clothing Swaps)
Fall 2019 OwlSwap Dates!
- Wednesday, September 11th, 11:00am - 1:00pm, Kennesaw Campus Green
- Wednesday, October 2nd, 11:00am - 1:00pm, Kennesaw Campus Green
- Wednesday, November 6th, 11:00am - 1:00pm, Kennesaw Campus Green
Follow us on Instagram @OwlSwap for sustainability/fashion tips & info on events!
What exactly is an OwlSwap? Bring gently worn items from your wardrobe – things you think others at KSU might be interested in wearing, but that you’d be willing to part with in exchange for new-to-you items. Show up at the beginning of the swap and check in your items – no more than 10, please! – so that they can be sorted and set out with all the other clothes. If you bring 10 items, you’ll get 10 tickets, and you can use those to go “shopping” for new wardrobe additions. It’s like shopping, except that it’s free, sustainable, and fun! Bring your friends and come check it out!
How they work:
1. Bring good quality, gently used clothing/accessories (up to 10 items)
2. Show up (bring your friends too), check-in your items
3. Swap and shop!
4. Leave with new-to-you pieces and an updated wardrobe!
Panel Discussion with Author & Journalist Elizabeth L. Cline
Can Fashion be Sustainable and Ethical?
Wednesday, October 2, 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm, Prillaman 1105
Sustainability Film Series
- Thursday, September 19th, 7:00pm-9pm, Social Sciences 1019
- Sushi: The Global Catch
- Wednesday, October 16th, 7:00pm-9pm, Social Sciences 2038
- The Future of Energy
- Thursday, November 21st, 7:00pm-9pm, Social Sciences 1019
- At the Fork
Sponsored by OwlSwap, KSU Geography Club, Enactus, and EcoOwls
KSU's First OwlSwap event