Keep America Beautiful
In fall 2016, Kennesaw State University was selected to receive 30 no-cost recycling bins for the Marietta campus through the 2016 Coca-Cola/Keep America Beautiful Public Space Recycling Bin Grant Program. Starting in February 2017, these bins will be located outside throughout the core of campus, including near residence halls. The bins will be paired with matching trash bins, a best practice which can lead to improved recycling outcomes. The outdoor bins are designed to collect plastic bottles and aluminum cans.
As part of the grant, KSU’s Office of Campus Planning and Sustainability will be tracking the total weight of recyclables collected at these outdoor bins. This data will be provided in progress reports to Keep America Beautiful in mid-May 2017 and February 2018; the data will also be shared below.
- May 2017 progress report and data
- February 2018 final report and data (pending)
Help us recycle right at KSU!
- The outdoor bins are designed to collect plastic bottles and aluminum cans. Only put empty bottles and cans in the outdoor recycling bins (no food waste or liquid should go in the recycling bins!).
- Paper and cardboard can be collected inside at designated recycling bins.
- Blue bins are for recycling. Black bins are for trash. Bins will be labeled as well; your cooperation will increase recycling rates and decrease contamination.