ARC Housing Energy Competition
The Office of Campus Planning and Sustainability, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion,
and Residence Life are hosting a month-long energy conservation competition for residents
in Austin Residence Complex II (ARC 1200, 1300, and 1400). The event will kick-off
on Saturday, March 25, 2017, with an Earth Hour celebration and will end on Friday,
April 21, 2017, in honor of Earth Week.
Residents will be able to measure the real-time energy usage of their buildings and see how small steps, like turning off lights and unplugging appliances when not in use, can save energy and reduce carbon emissions.
Join us (or follow-along):
- Celebrate Earth Hour with KSU: turn off your lights, unplug unused appliances (microwaves, phone chargers, printers, laptops, etc...), and meet outside ARC II to learn about energy issues and measure the real-time decreases in energy consumption using the Housing Energy Dashboard.
- Set your thermostat to seasonally-appropriate settings; don’t overly-condition the space when you are gone or sleeping.
- Keep your lights off, appliances unplugged, and temperature settings seasonally-appropriate during Spring Break.
- Use the Housing Energy Dashboard to measure how well your building is conserving energy.
- Encourage your roommates and friends to help save energy.
- Participate in the Housing Energy Competition Awards Ceremony on Friday, April 21st.